Sighisoara is one of the few towns inhabited fortress in Europe and the only conserved in most but lived in Romania. The earliest official mention comes from year 1280, when Sighisoara is known as "Castrum Sex", in 1298 the city became the name "Schespurch. It is assumed that at the beginning of the XIIIth century the settlement was a small fortification on the plateau of the Hill City, destroyed by Mongolian invasion in the years 1241-1242. Following this event was raising the defense of the castle hill, which appears as "Castrum Sex". Around the year 1350 has started building fortifications belt. In the XV th century Turkish danger cause wall strengthening and building defensive towers that surround the entire hill fortress. Also of the XV century with the spreading of firearms, the wall was erected. In century XVI and XVII, belt fortification walls were again strengthened suprainaltate up to 14-15 meters. Belt of fortification is preserved almost entirely with 9 towers, which have resisted the passage of time. Sighisoara architecture becomes a combination of elements Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, but the main attraction of the historical center, is certainly the Clock Tower. Due to its outstanding architecture was Called the speaker since the late-nineteenth century "The Pearl of Transylvania".